Welcome to 1550 Grand View Drive in Berkeley | 5BR/5BA | Sold $3,150,000
2021-Built Contemporary Masterpiece with Sweeping City & South Bay Views! Situated in the coveted Claremont Hills and flooded with all-day sun. Meticulously executed with a timeless palette & exquisite amenities. Thoughtful floor plan for today’s buyer needs with four en-suite bedrooms plus an office/media room. Loaded with smart features & impressive engineering including a hydraulic elevator, stopping on all floors making this a forever home. Dramatic entry with San Francisco Skyline Views at your front door. State-of-the-art great room/kitchen area with 14″ high ceilings, walls of glass, sweeping views and abundant southern light coming from all directions. A large IPE deck for seamless indoor-outdoor living. The open chef’s kitchen is equipped with a Viking 8-burner stove, double sinks, and the highest-end appliances. Massive solid quartz center island with designer lighted seating. An elegant dining room framed by walls of glass overlooking expansive city & bay views. Gorgeous and functional SPC waterproof flooring on upper levels. The guest suite and a media/office/playroom are on the top level for privacy & stunning views. The 3-en suite spacious bedrooms are grouped together on the lower level for easy access & comfort. The luxurious owners’ suite features a private sunny balcony, a spa-like bathroom with radiant heated floors and double closets. 2 car side-by-side garage, or a potential gym. Abundant storage throughout. Semi-flat outdoor area for your favorite pet down below. Minutes away from lively Rockridge & Elmwood neighborhoods. Short drive to picturesque Claremont Canyon Natural Preserve hiking & incredible wildlife. Live/work/play/workout in this secluded yet convenient location. Just completed for your comfortable living for years to come!
Features & Highlights
- Highlands Country Club – http://highlandscountryclub.info/Pages/Facilities.html
- Bentley School – https://www.bentleyschool.org
- Claremont Club & Spa – https://www.fairmont.com/claremont-berkeley/?y_source=1_MTIzNjE0MTgtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLmdvb2dsZV93ZWJzaXRlX292ZXJyaWRl
- Berkeley Tennis Club – http://www.berkeleytennisclub.org
- Easy access to CA-24
- Hiking Trails
- Road Bike Paths through hills and nature
- Close to Claremont, Berkeley, Oakland
- Commercial grade foam roof for improved energy efficiency and easy maintenance.
- Exterior durable high-end IPE wood decks & railings throughout.
- Western Window Systems – commercial-grade quality windows, front door and sliding doors
- Driveway engineered/built to Caltrans highway standards for safety and protection with over-engineered 5” thick steel posts and 2000 pound stress-tested cables.
- Floor plans designed for full practical use with separation of guest/in-law quarters.
- Built with heavy-duty joist and steel construction with I-beams: “over-engineered” for safety, comfort, and peace of mind.
- 14+/- ft ceilings with a significant number of in-ceiling lights with dimmers.
- Custom-made stairway railings.
- SPC waterproof flooring for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Custom-made designer 8 ft interior doors.
- Dramatic Hydraulic Elevator stopping at each floor, with classic series maple and oak interior cabin.
- Custom-made cabinetry throughout kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry by HF Custom Cabinetry, San Francisco.
- Dramatic kitchen with solid quartz surfaces and lighted kitchen island seating.
- Viking appliances – Gas 8 Burner Stove, Hood, Refrigerator, Dish Washer, Microwave.
- Exquisite premium maple wood grain fronts on floating cabinetry in all bathrooms.
- Highest-end Grohe and Hansgrohe plumbing fixtures in all bathrooms.
- Custom designer tile pairings “drawn” in place for layout and meticulously matched.
- Custom glass railing separations for sunken living space from the kitchen.
- Private owner’s bedroom IPE deck.
- Master bath with three independent way shower functions (rainforest, handheld, showerhead) and programmable heated floors.
- Each bedroom with its own dedicated private bathroom, generous bedroom space + large closet.
- Cleverly designed wine storage for functional location, temperature, and visual appeal.
- Central A/C
- Bright two-car garage with natural light.
- Ample storage throughout.
- Architecture is by the renowned Richard Janzen
Julia Bernardini & Victoria Clemons
415.225.0468 | firstname.lastname@example.org